The Special Operations Unit specialises in investigations, crime intelligence, undercover operations and law enforcement. The unit is made up of Tactical Intervention Teams and the K9 Unit.
Services offered by this unit include:
- Video surveillance
- Undercover vehicle and foot patrols
- Static undercover observation
- Plotting of crime trends and identification of hot spots
- Establishing of undercover agents and informants
- Preparation of crime intelligence reports
- Attending Community Policing Forum meetings
- Joint Operations with SAPS
- Opening and investigations of dockets
- Liaising with SAPS on investigations
- Statement and report writing
- Search and recovery
- Stop and go operations including searching and roadblocks
The unit is also particularly suited for undercover operations, including the above services, and special events.